Create your PayPal account
Your country or region
Are you a sole trader wanting to buy and sell online? Upgrade to a business account. Upgrade now
For individuals who shop onlineGet Started
Start for free!
- PayPal is free to join.
- No monthly or cancellation fees.
- Free for purchases in Australia.
- Some types of payments and international transactions incur charges. See fees
Understand how PayPal works
It'll only take 2 minutes...
Watch our video
For individuals who buy and sell online (for example, personal belongings on eBay)Get Started
- Select Personal or Premier unless you are a business.
For businesses who buy and sell online, including sole tradersGet Started
- You must be authorised by your organisation to open and use this account. Please have your business information available before you start, including your business type and details of key individuals associated with the business. Some businesses are required to seek pre-approval before opening a PayPal account. See our Acceptable Use Policy for more details and read our User Agreement for full details regarding eligibility when opening a PayPal account.
- When opening a business account it is important to identify your correct entity type as you cannot change this later. If in doubt, consult an accountant or lawyer.
Learn about PayPal fees.