How to buy in person
Leave your wallet at home
You don’t have to be shopping online to pay with PayPal. When you’re out and about, you can pay easily and securely with just your mobile.
Buying just got mobile
Leave your cash and cards at home and pay with just your smartphone. Tap on Local, choose a store and either:
• Check in. Tell the seller you’re paying with PayPal and you’re done.
• Order ahead. Your goods will be paid for instantly and ready to pick up when you get to the store.
You’ll receive a push notification (if you’ve enabled them) from our app and an email when the payment is complete.
1. Choose to pay with PayPalWhen you want to pay by PayPal, simply log in to the PayPal app on your smartphone and tap Local. Then select the store and check in or order ahead where you see the shopping cart.
2. In- storeIf you’ve checked in, the seller will see your photo and first name on their terminal or phone. They’ll confirm the photo is of you to accept the payment.
If you’ve ordered ahead, simply say your name to collect your goods.
3. Your payment is sentWhen your payment is complete, you’ll receive a notification on your smartphone (if you have enabled push notifications in the app) and an email confirming the payment.
Choose how you’ll pay
Link your credit or debit card and you can choose how to pay for in-store purchases. You never need to worry about having funds in your PayPal account and it’s free to make purchases in-store.
Buy better with your mobile
Buying in-store with your mobile means you can keep a better record of your purchases than you ever could when paying with cash. It’s great for when you’re in a hurry – no more counting coins or searching for loose change at the bottom of your purse .