What is the Customer Service PIN?
When you call us, you have to verify your identity, and you need a Customer Service PIN or One-Time Passcode to complete the authentication process quickly. A Customer Service PIN or One-Time Passcode helps you get faster support.
The One-Time Passcode is a random number generated by our system that helps verify your identity when you call us.
Here’s how to find the One-Time Passcode:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Click ‘Contact Us’ at the bottom of any PayPal page.
- Click ‘Call us’ and to see the One-Time Passcode (6 digits).
The One-Time Passcode is valid for one hour.
The Customer Service PIN is a six-digit number you use when you call PayPal Customer Service. Unlike a One-Time Passcode, a Customer Service PIN is permanent.
Here’s how to change your Customer Service PIN:
- Go to www.paypal.com.au and log in to your account.
- Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
- Click 'My settings.'
- Click 'Update' beside 'Customer Service ID.'
- Click 'Change/Reset' beside 'Customer Service PIN.'
- Enter your PayPal password, and then enter and confirm your new PIN.
- Click 'Done.'
If you forget your Customer Service PIN, you'll need to create a new one.