Why is my payment from a sale on eBay on hold?
When you get paid for items sold on eBay.com, your payment might not be available immediately. Your money is usually available in 21 days or sooner to ensure your buyers receive their items.
Your payments may be pending in your PayPal balance because:
- You’re a new seller (whether on or off eBay);
- You have a “Below Standard” seller rating on eBay; or
- The payment you received may be considered unusual for your selling pattern.
Please refer to your eBay Seller Dashboard for more details on the reason for this hold, and guidelines for how to prevent future payments from being held.
You will also see a notification on your PayPal account.
To help ensure a successful transaction, we always encourage sellers to adhere to the following best practices:
- List successfully by including clear photos with detailed, accurate descriptions of items
- Be clear about shipping and handling time, costs and methods
- Ship promptly
- Upload tracking
- Define your return policy upfront
- Communicate with your buyers and respond to inquiries quickly and in a professional manner
- Review all communications from PayPal.