Why did I get the error "Sorry, but you cannot view your existing API Signature while your account is unconfirmed" when accessing my API credentials?
An error message reported that your existing API Signature isn't viewable.
Your PayPal email address isn't appropriately marked as confirmed in our system.
If you try to confirm the email address and you're told that it's already confirmed, try adding a second email address and confirm that instead. Once the second email address is added and confirmed, you'll be able to view your API credentials.
Here's how to add and confirm an email address:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Select Profile > Profile and settings.
- Click My business info.
- Click Update next to Email.
- Click the plus sign (+). The Add an email page appears.
- Enter your new email address and click Add Email. The Email page displays both your primary email address and the address you just added. (You can associate one primary email address and up to six additional addresses with your PayPal account.)
- When PayPal sends you a confirmation request email, click the link in the email to confirm the new email address.