Why did I get API error code 10417?
PayPal returned API error code 10417 - Transaction cannot complete - "Instruct the customer to retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from the customer's PayPal wallet" or "The transaction did not complete with the customer's selected payment method."
- The customer's credit card failed bank authorization.
- The customer didn't accept the Commercial Entity Agreement before the deadline.
- The final total of the order (OrderTotal) significantly exceeds the original estimated amount you sent in the SetExpressCheckout API call. If this is the case, the transaction may not have passed PayPal's risk and anti-fraud measures.
- Notify the customer that PayPal can't process the payment, and display other payment methods that the customer can use. If the customer has no other PayPal funding source that is likely to succeed, tell them to contact PayPal Customer Service using the Call us or Email us links at PayPal's Contact Customer Service. For automatic payments, the customer can receive this information via email.
- Verify that the customer has accepted the Commercial Entity Agreement and submitted it to PayPal.
- Verify that the API code passes the line item values correctly so that their total matches the OrderTotal value specified.
For help resolving this issue or others, visit PayPal's Contact Customer Service page.
DoExpressCheckoutPayment API Operation (SOAP)
Payments API (REST)
How do I accept the Commercial Entity Agreement