What is PayPal One Touch and how do I use it?
What is One TouchTM ?
One TouchTM is an optional feature that allows you to skip logging in with your email and password while still keeping your financial info secure. When you use PayPal on your mobile phone, desktop, laptop, or tablet, we’ll automatically log you in on that device and browser so you can breeze through checkout across all eligible merchants.
As long as you actively use One TouchTM , we’ll renew your “turned on” setting on that device so you can skip login at checkout. To help you manage One TouchTM across your devices, we’ll turn it off automatically if you haven’t used it in a while. You can turn off One TouchTM at any time in Settings.
Why should I activate the service?
Activating One Touch takes you directly to the payment page and breeze through check out. It also saves you the hassle of entering your password. For security purposes, whenever you update your PayPal personal or financial account information we’ll always ask you to log in.
PayPal doesn't share full payment information with merchants when you shop.
How do I activate the service?
Select "Stay logged in for faster purchases" when checking out with PayPal upon initial log-in. This activates One Touch for that specific device and browser and for all eligible merchants.
You can also activate One Touch by clicking Activate One Touch on our One Touch page and complete the activation.
For your account safety:
- We’ll still ask you to log in whenever you update your PayPal personal or financial account information.
- To avoid misuse of your PayPal account, please only activate One Touch on your personal device or computer and not on a public or shared computer or device.
- If your phone is lost or stolen, change the security settings immediately to protect your PayPal account. You can also call us to help protect your account from unauthorised use.
How do I view and deactivate the devices that remember my login?
Here’s how to check the devices and browsers you’ve currently enabled One Touch:
- Go to Settings.
- Click Security.
- Click Update next to "Stay logged in for faster purchases".
- If you need to turn off One Touch from a certain device, simply click Log out beside that device in the list.
What does PayPal do to help if I have a problem with my online purchase?
When you pay with PayPal online, PayPal Buyer Protection won’t be impacted by this functionality and will continue to apply your eligible purchases. You can report your problem in the Resolution Centre.
To learn more about PayPal Buyer Protection and to see a full list of eligibility requirements and exclusions, please review our User Agreement.