Refund or cancel payment
Here’s some advice about refunds and cancelling payments:
Requesting a refund for your purchase
- Contact your seller directly. To view their contact details, simply go to Activity and click on the payment you’re looking for.
- If your seller doesn’t agree to refund your payment, you may be able to open a dispute in the Resolution Centre. You can open a dispute if you didn’t receive your item or you received something that doesn’t match the seller’s description.
- Learn more about our refund and return policy in Australia.
How is my refund credited?
- If you paid with a credit card, the payment is refunded to your card. If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, the payment will still be refunded to your credit card account. It can take up to 30 days for a refund to appear on your card statement.
- If you paid with your bank or PayPal account balance, the payment is refunded to your PayPal account. After you’ve received the refund, you can withdraw it from your PayPal balance to your bank account.
- If you paid using a credit card and your PayPal account balance, the amount paid by credit card is refunded to your card. The remaining amount is refunded to your PayPal account.
Unclaimed and completed payments
- An unclaimed payment is automatically cancelled if the recipient doesn’t claim or accept it within 30 days.
- A payment with a completed status can’t be cancelled. You’ll need to contact the seller to request a refund.