Money pools overview and frequently asked questions
Money pools are an easy and fast way to collect money with friends. Whether you need to raise money for a holiday, a group gift, or for regular shared expenses, just create a pool in your PayPal account and share it with your friends and family.
People can chip in to your pool until you decide to end or delete it, even if you’ve exceeded your goal amount. If they don’t have a PayPal account, they can set up one in minutes – sign-up is free and easy!
How do I create a money pool?All you need is a PayPal Personal account. If you don’t have an account yet, sign up for free.
Here’s how to create a money pool:
- Go to your Account Summary.
- Click Start under “Your pools” on the left of the page.
- Click Create a Pool.
- Follow the instructions on page to create your pool.
How do I use the money collected from a pool?All the money you collect with a pool goes to a separate part of your PayPal balance. You can transfer it at any time following the steps below:
- Click your pool on your Account Summary.
- Click Manage Pool in the top bar.
- Click Transfer Money.
How can I report a Money Pool link that violates PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy?
If you come across any Money Pool which contains inappropriate or offensive content in a title, description, or imagery, you should report that to us.
To report a Money Pool link:
- View the Money Pool that has the suspected violation.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click Report this Pool.