How do I test the PayPal Account Optional feature in the Sandbox?
To test an account that has PayPal's Account Optional feature turned on, you must have a Business (seller) account in the Sandbox. If you don't have a Sandbox test account, visit the PayPal Developer Portal to create one.
Once you've created the account, follow these steps:
- Initiate the checkout process by clicking your PayPal button or completing the third-party checkout on your site. If your checkout isn't already configured for the Sandbox, enable your shopping cart for test mode.
- Click Add a Card and enter your dummy credit card information with the following requirements:
- The first and last names must contain letters only.
- The address must have a valid city, state, and ZIP code.
- The expiration date must be the current date or a future month and year.
- The CSC or CVV can be any three-digit number.
- To create multiple test credit card numbers, see the generator listed on How do I create an additional credit card number for a Sandbox account?
- Click Review Order and Continue.
- Select Pay on the Make Your Payment page to complete the test.
PayPal Sandbox Testing Guide