How do I set Connect with PayPal user profile options for my REST API app?
As a merchant, you may want to request different PayPal user profile information via your Connect with PayPal integration. By default, Full name is approved for Sandbox/Live accounts. All other customer data requires approval through the app review process. You can set the Full name option in the PayPal Developer Portal.
For security reasons, PayPal recommends passing the absolute minimum number of attributes required for your integration, which is why all attributes beyond Full name must be reviewed and approved.
Note: For best results, set these options in the sandbox environment first, confirm that they meet your expectations, and then duplicate the same option settings in your live PayPal account.
Here's how to set your Connect with Paypal options:
- Go to the PayPal Developer Portal and log into the Dashboard.
- Under My Apps and Credentials, scroll down to the REST API apps section.
- Click the app for which you want to set Connect with PayPal options.
- Scroll down to Sandbox App Settings and check the box for Connect with PayPal.
- Click Advanced Options and select the information you want to request from your customers:
- Full name (default, required)
- Date of birth (approval required)
- Age range (approval required)
- Email address (approval required)
- Street address (approval required)
- City (approval required)
- State (approval required)
- Country (approval required)
- Zip code (approval required)
- Phone (approval required)
- Account status (verified) (approval required)
- Account type (approval required)
- Account creation date (approval required)
- Time zone (approval required)
- Locale (approval required)
- Language (approval required)
- Click Preview the customer consent page and review the information displayed, then close the pop-up window.
- Click Save to activate your option settings.
The request must include the following:
- Client ID of your live app
- Description of your app/site - please include screen shots or site URL and a short explanation of what the app/site is about
- Detailed description of how your app will use the Connect with PayPal feature
- List the scope attributes you’d like to enable
- Description of how you will use each scope attribute, how it will benefit your users and why it's necessary for the app's functionality
- Requests with partial information cannot be reviewed, and approval will be delayed until the full information is obtained. The app review process typically takes 7-10 days.