What is a One-Time Passcode?
The One-Time Passcode is a random number generated by our system when you log in to your PayPal account. When you make a phone call to PayPal customer service, you can provide us the One-Time Passcode to identify yourself more quickly than any other authentication method. The One-Time Passcode helps put you through to a customer service staff most quickly.
Here's how to find the One-Time Passcode:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page.
- Click Call us to see the One-Time Passcode (6-digit number).
- The One-Time Passcode is valid for one hour. If your One-Time Passcode expires, you need to check the 'Call us' page again to find a new One-Time Passcode.
- If most of the time you would call PayPal customer service from the same phone number, you can also use the Customer Service Pin to identify yourself.