How do I issue a refund for a dispute?
To close a transaction dispute, you can issue a full or partial refund to the buyer. Here's how to issue a full or partial refund:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Activity near the top of the page.
- Click the payment you want to refund.
- Click Refund this payment.
- For "Refund amount," enter the amount you want to refund, and then click Continue.
- Review your information to make sure you entered the correct refund amount, and then click Issue Refund.
If you send a full refund, the dispute is closed. You may offer a partial refund to resolve your dispute. If the buyer agrees to your request, your dispute is closed. If you offer a partial refund for less than the amount than the buyer requests, the buyer will have a chance to accept or deny their offer.
You were logged out to help protect your account.