What is a One-Time Passcode?
The One-Time Passcode is a random number generated by our system when you log in to your PayPal account. When you make a phone call to PayPal customer service, you can provide us the One-Time Passcode to identify yourself more quickly than any other authentication method. The One-Time Passcode helps put you through to a customer service staff most quickly.
Here's how to find the One-Time Passcode:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page.
- Click Call us to see the One-Time Passcode (6-digit number).
- The One-Time Passcode is valid for one hour. If your One-Time Passcode expires, you need to check the 'Call us' page again to find a new One-Time Passcode.
- If most of the time you would call PayPal customer service from the same phone number, you can also use the Customer Service Pin to identify yourself.
You were logged out to help protect your account.