Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?
You're a new seller with PayPal or an established seller who has opened a new account.
- If you have a new PayPal account, it can take time to build up a positive reputation as a seller.
You haven't sold in a while.
- When your selling activity has been dormant for a long time, it'll take time to rebuild a positive reputation as a seller.
Multiple customers reported problems or requested refunds.
- We recommend working with your customers to solve any problems.
Your selling pattern appears to have changed or seems unusual.
- Unusual selling patterns include an unexpected surge in sales, a change in business type, a change in average selling price or the type of item being sold.
You're selling higher-risk items.
- Higher-risk items can include event tickets, consumer electronics, travel packages and gift cards.
You've received a payment for goods and services instead of payment for friends and family.
- The sender selected "For goods and services" instead of "For friends and family" as a payment type. You should get your money seven days after confirming the order status as Completed.
For tax holds, see Tax Holds | Backup withholding