Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?
You’re a new seller with PayPal or an established seller who has opened a new account.
- If you have a new PayPal account, it can take time to build up a positive reputation as a seller.
You haven’t sold in a while.
- When your selling activity has been dormant for a long time, it'll take time to rebuild a positive reputation as a seller.
Multiple customers reported problems or requested refunds.
- We recommend working with your customers to solve any problems.
Your selling pattern appears to have changed or seems unusual.
- Unusual selling patterns include an unexpected surge in sales, a change in business type, a change in average selling price, or the type of item being sold.
You’re selling higher-risk items.
- Higher-risk items can include event tickets, consumer electronics, travel packages, and gift cards.
You can help to release eligible payments by following one of the below steps:
- Add Tracking. Use one of our approved shipping carriers and we’ll release the hold 24 hours after the courier confirmed delivery to the buyer’s address.
- Update the order status if the held payment is for a service or intangible item (e.g. piano lessons, e-book). We'll release the hold 7 days after you confirm the order status as Completed.
In rare cases, the payment may not be released after this time. For example, this may happen if your business model has changed or we see a significant difference in your selling price. In this case, we’ll release your payment 21 days after you received it.
To add tracking information or update an order status:
- Go to your Activity.
- Find the purchase you want to update and click Get your money. If you sold a product, choose “Product” to add tracking information or print a shipping label. If you sold an intangible item or service, choose “Service or virtual product” to update the order status. You can update the order status to Completed, Pending, or Canceled.
- Click Submit.
Was this article helpful?
Re: WTF paypal is holding my money and not making it available to transfer into my bank account???!! (871 views)